How to Join as a New Member or Renew Membership Online
- Please click on this link and you will be taken to revolutioniseSPORT to register.
- Click on REGISTER AS A MEMBER (found at the bottom LHS of the page).
- Then click on:
REGISTER – if you are a new member to DBNSW or
RENEW – if you have been a previous member with DBNSW.
Then follow the prompts to complete membership details and payment. An invoice will be sent to your email address if you wish to pay at a later stage.
Please note that all membership details must be completed electronically via the revolutioniseSPORT system.
If you do not have internet access please contact the NHDBC Member Registrar via the Contact Us for help.
2018-2019 Membership Fees (Valid from 01 July 2018 to 30 June 2019)
NHDBC Club membership – $100 per person
DBNSW membership – $120 per person (Adult – includes insurance & AusDBF paddler levy)
DA membership – $35 per person paddling with the DAs.
Financial Organisation: Newcastle Permanent Building Society Ltd
BSB: 650 000
Account Name: Newcastle Hunter Dragon Boat Club
Account : 969166901
If using EFT please identify payee & event eg : Justin Time Kempsey
MEMBERSHIP ID TAG
Once you have completed your membership application you will need to have your photo taken so that a Membership ID tag can be produced.
The club Treasurer and Membership Administrator will take your photo at a training session and forward it to Dragon Boats NSW so your ID tag can be produced. You need this tag to compete at regattas. The club receives your tag and the Team Manager will distribute them at regattas and collects them at the end of each regatta for safe keeping. We find this the best method that ensures everyone has their tag at a regatta. WITHOUT a tag, you can’t participate at a regatta so it is VITAL that you complete this procedure.
Overall Costs for a Season
In addition to your membership costs each year you will incur other costs if you decide to become a truly competitive “sports” category paddler.
These could include:
• $20 paddling fees for Accredited regattas (e.g. Kempsey Regatta)
• $40 paddling fees for DBNSW regattas (4 regattas + State Titles)
• Paddling fees for the Chinese New Year regatta at Darling Harbour
• Paddling fees for the Australian Championships
• Uniforms – costs vary.
• Accommodation expenses (usually based on a shared room basis)
• Travel costs (car pooling is encouraged)
• Your very own carbon fibre paddle $200+